Property and Construction Management
Waterton is dedicated to offering best-in-class residential and hospitality property and construction management services aimed at maximizing asset value. Because we own many of the properties we manage, we have a holistic view that allows us to deliver results on behalf of investors and third-party owners who rely on our expertise for their own portfolios.
Waterton’s vertically integrated operations team includes a centralized design and construction team that oversees all capital improvement programs, generating savings through increased buying power and supply chain consolidation.
Waterton cross-trains its staff in both hospitality and residential best practices, resulting in a unique customer experience that combines the best qualities of both hotel and apartment communities. We call this approach Resitality®, which serves as a competitive advantage across our diverse portfolio.
Multifamily Property Management
We have a holistic view and nearly 25 years of management experience in multifamily investments. Our vertically-integrated management services include:
- Conventional, lease-up, high-rise, garden and mixed-use property management services
- Full-suite marketing services including lease-up, branding, repositioning and PR strategies
- Due diligence and underwriting services
- Transition planning and execution (dedicated team)
- Revenue management and in-house pricing director
- Visual merchandising
- Industry leading technology for online leasing, resident portal, billing, utilities and vendor management
- In-house construction and capital project management
- Dynamic and cloud-based reporting capabilities
- Talent sourcing, training and development programs
- Risk management and insurance procurement services
Multifamily Third Party Management
Waterton strategically offers third party property management services to institutional, like-minded owners. Waterton services properties located in our existing or target markets that create stability for our operations team, allows for the retention of key talent, and otherwise creates efficiencies of scale.
Design and Construction Management
Waterton provides in-house design and construction management services across our portfolio – with over 20 years of experience in senior living development through our partner, Pathway to Living. Our team employs an ownership approach to capital programs, focused on maximizing value for our investors and third-party clients. With a focus on asset repositioning, the capital improvements team has a long record of executing large-scale capital improvement programs.
Led by 35-year industry veteran John Daley, our site capital teams are regionally and locally situated to an asset, thereby ensuring that asset capital improvement plans receive the highest level of focus and execution on the behalf of our investors and third-party clients. The team manages every discipline of the design and construction process from conception through completion, including civil improvements such as parking lots, retaining walls, utilities and tennis courts;, the renovation and construction of apartment units, community clubhouses, lobbies, fitness centers and roofing as well as full-scale building conversations. The construction management team is integral to the underwriting and due diligence process in developing strategic capital budgets, and are professionally planned.
Our range of design and construction services includes:
- Development/finalization of underwritten capital budget
- Management of third-party due diligence consultants
- Independent asset inspections
- Selection/management of architectural and design firms
- Issuance of plans/specifications to all sub-trades with three bid minimum; review of all bids
- Oversight and monitoring of compliance matters
- Management of day-to-day execution of all capital improvement work; enforce schedule and budget
- Monthly project reviews with ownership
- Preparation and review of all draw requests
- Obtain all final inspection certificates and approvals required by federal, state and local governmental agencies
- Deliver all warranty and other close out documentation to site